Rotorua Rentals have been Rotorua’s local property managers for nearly 30 years. With us, you get all the benefits of owning an investment property, without the stress or hassle. If you’re a landlord with a lot on your plate, our experienced property managers are here to help.
14 Reasons You Need a Property Manager
1. Tenants with a bad history tend to avoid us, because they know we have lots of good checking systems.
2. Unreliable tenants tend to rent privately from unsuspecting owners who do not use a property manager.
3. We usually have a waiting list of approved tenants who have been searching for the right home.
4. We show prospective new tenants through a property ourselves, and make sure they really understand what we require from them in terms of care and consideration.
5. We record the inventory and condition report at the start of a tenancy, with lots of photos taken to record the detail. Tenancy Tribunals are very tough on landlords who haven’t done this fully and accurately.
6. Tenancy agreements need to be first class. We use a 22 page document that is frequently updated in order to cover law changes.
7. We collect all the ingoing money, including the bond – equivalent to four weeks rent – and lodge it in our Trust Account. Bonds are sent to the Bond Centre within 23 working days, as is required by law.
8. We have access to specialised landlord insurance. DIY landlords cannot use what is generally regarded as the number one landlord insurance product in New Zealand.
9. If things go wrong and we have to take a tenant to mediation or tribunal, then that service is included in our management fee structure. The only exception is the initial application fees, which are charged to you, then refunded when we win.
10. Knowledge of tenancy law – this is a big deal. The interpretations of the law by tenancy adjudicators seem to change too frequently, so it’s part of our role to keep up to date on those matters so that we can give you the best advice.
11. Missed rents can become a nightmare if you have a mortgage to pay, especially if no immediate action is taken to fix the problem. We check every weekday and know by mid morning if a rent has been missed. We can then take immediate action, very often before lunchtime. Our team have also heard every excuse there is!
12. We keep a good businesslike relationship with our tenants, and simply don’t tolerate them breaking the rules. It’s an easy trap for owners to fall into if they get friendly with a tenant.
13. Routine inspections are SO important, and we are amazed how many DIY landlords simply don’t bother. Even if you trust and like your tenants, this won’t count for anything if you ever need to make an insurance claim. Without evidence of recent routine inspections, you won’t have a leg to stand on.
14. We send monthly statements to landlords so you can use them for your annual Tax Return. We pay out twice a month as well.
If you have any questions about property management, or would like to find out more about what Rotorua Rentals can do for you, contact our team via email or phone.